The Value of Supplements
C. Norman Shealy, M.D., Ph.D.
In an 11 year study of over 14,000 male physicians given either Centrum Silver or placebo, there was a “modest but significant” decrease in total incidence of cancer. (JAMA, Nov. 14, 2012, vol 308, 1871-1880). This decrease was not nearly as great as the decrease in a Chinese study of over 29,000 individuals given beta carotene, vitamin E and selenium for only 6 years. In that study total mortality decreased 9%, cancer mortality decreased 13% and gastric cancer mortality decreased 21%!
The evidence is overwhelming—unless you live on a farm 50 miles away from a city and raise all your food organically, I strongly recommend for all adults:
- A good multivitamin/mineral, Dr. sHEALy’s Essentials
- Astaxanthin, 16 to 30 mg daily
- Tocotrienols (vitamin E), Sunset, 3 daily
- Dr. sHEALy’s Youth Formula, 4 daily link
- Magnesium Lotion, 2 teaspoons twice a day
- Omega-3’s, 2000 mg
- Boron, 3 mg
- Vitamin K 2, 15 mg
- For most individuals after age 50, add Kyani NitroXtreme, 15 drops twice a day
- If your oral temperature is below 98.6, Iodoral, one a week
I would love to see a 25 year study of thousands of individuals taking these optimal supplements. The savings in health and longevity should be phenomenal.