Two-thirds of Americans are now overweight (Body Mass Index above 24), with one-third officially obese (BMI above 30). Obesity has now passed smoking as the number one measurable cause of death. Obesity also is a major contributor to many other common diseases, including stroke, heart disease, hypertension, diabetes and at least several cancers.
While all ”fast foods” are major contributors, at least two-thirds of the food sold in grocery stores is also junk—white flour and bread, sugar, candy, almost all processed and packaged foods, all pop, corn syrup and fructose, hydrogenated and partially hydrogenated fats (at least 90% of peanut butter), most packaged cereals, and virtually all crackers and snacks!
Obviously TV and its insidious contribution to the couch potato syndrome, as well as computers and video games contribute considerably to decreased physical activity. In the long run, as Professor Wilbanks pointed out years ago, ”The Modern Obscenity” is ”I can’t help myself.” Ultimately it is personal will power which makes the difference!
On the other hand, there are a number of adjuncts which can assist those who prefer optimal health. The following may be just the boost you need.
Significant appetite reduction may occur with these supplements and 75% of over 30 individuals have reported weight loss of 1 to 2 pounds per week:
- Calcium Citrate: 1.5 grams for weight up to 150 pounds. Add 500 mg for each additional 25 pounds
- Branched Chain Amino Acids, 1.5 grams, for weight up to 150 pounds. Add 500 mg for each additional 50 pounds
- Probiotics (I prefer PB 8), 3 up to 150 pounds. Add 1 for each additional 50 pounds
If your body temperature is consistently below 98.6, add Iodoral, one daily
If you do not lose at least one-half pound each week, add one at a time:
- EGCG-Green Tea Extract, 200 mg, before meals, 3 daily
- Super CitriMax, 1500 mg, before meals, 3 daily
- Phase 2 Starch Blocker, 500 mg with each meal
- ProArgi9, one scoop before breakfast and two at bedtime. Try for a month before adding anything else
- Acetyl-L-Carnitine, 500 mg before each meal. Again wait a month for certainty, etc
- Gamma Amino Butyric Acid, 500 mg before each meal
- Alpha Lipoic Acid, 500 mg before each meal
- Coconut Oil, one teaspoon each meal
GREAT HEALTH HABITS
- Exercise physically, building to 60 minutes daily. One of the easiest is a sturdy trampoline. You do not have to jog. Just stand on it and walk briskly. Start with 5 minutes and add one minute each day
- Relax while using visual imagery to adjust weight. ”Weight Balance” is available as a tape from Self-Health Systems
- Drink good non-chlorinated water. Divide your weight in pounds by 2 and drink that many ounces of water daily
- Eat at least one stick of celery and one regular carrot, twice daily
- Eat a cup of cooked dry beans or peas, at least 4 times a week
- If you do not sleep at least 7 hours each night, get and use a Shealy RelaxMate set for an hour as you fall asleep
- Try the following links to fantastic protocols from one of the great healers of the world, Deena Spear, www.singingwoods.org. She recommends doing them in this order. HIGHLY RECOMMENDED by me!!!
The Un-Switching Protocol by Deena Zalkind Spear Adobe PDF (968 kb) If you have a dialup connection, please be patient as the file will take a few minutes to fully load. You can also view with MSWord (424 kb)