If there really was a NEED for statin drugs, they MIGHT be worth the risks. On the other hand, there is no need for them. There are many better and safer ways to optimize cholesterol levels.
Statins are rife with risks that anyone taking or contemplating taking them should understand.
Statins clearly increase the risks of:
- Heart muscle failure—congestive heart failure
- Muscle weakness
- Muscle and nerve pains
- Personality changes and irritability
- Memory Loss
- Alzheimer’s Disease
- Muscle weakness
- Nerve loss numbness and weakness—polyneuropathy
- Lou Gehrigs Disease ALS
- Liver failure
- Erectile Dysfunction
Other than that, Mrs. Lincoln, how was the play??
Even if the overall complication rate is low as the PharmacoMafia claims, if it hits you, it can be 100%–Death!
Yes, SOME of the complications of statins may be decreased by taking adequate dosages of Co-Q 10, but all the alternatives to statins are MUCH safer and less expensive.
The alternatives to statins include:
- Beta sitosterol
- Saw Palmetto
- Lecithin granules
- Green tea extract EGCG
- L-arginine (Polifusia or Pro-Argi9)
- Niacin especially timed release
- Acetyl-L Carnitine
- Chromium (I like Tri-Chromium.)
- Co-Q 10 (Not only does it help protect you against statins, but it also helps lower cholesterol.)
- Fiber (An easy way to increase your fiber intake is through many high fiber veggies.)
- Pycnogenol Maxogenol
- Pantothenic acid
- Vitamin C
- Stress Management!
Personally, I would take ALL of these before I would even think about statins—and I have thought about statins. There is no circumstance under which I would take one.
You may have to try these statin alternatives one at a time or go through several to find your optimal personal formula. However, do your brain, nerves, muscles, heart, and liver a favor by exploring these safe alternatives!
Norman Shealy, M.D., Ph.D. is the father of holistic medicine. He recommends autogenic focus (the basis of the Biogenics System) as part of your overall commitment to self-health. Register to download your FREE autogenic focus MP3 now.