HOLOS INSTITUTES OF HEALTH, INC.
Holos Institutes of Health, Inc is a 501-C-3 not for profit organization created in 1981 for research, education and clinical services related to holistic or comprehensive health.
Dr. Shealy is available to do independent research projects on safe, non0drug approaches to health! Contact him at email@example.com
The original foundation for Holos Institutes of Health was based upon earlier research and clinical work by C. Norman Shealy, M.D., Ph.D. including:
- Dorsal column stimulation, the first modern electronic device for relief of pain. Research begun in 1965 led to a national research study group of neurosurgeons who surgically implanted 480 of these electrical devices into patients who had failed every medical and surgical approach to pain. The commercial use of this approach was begun in 1974 and there are over 600 surgeons around the world now, comprising an International and American Neuromodulation Society
- Transcutaneous Electrical Nerve Stimulation (TENS) another modern tool for safe relief of pain. Now used more extensively around the world than any other electrical device for control of pain
- Cranial Electrical Stimulation—a microstimulator which Dr. Shealy demonstrated in 1976 to be remarkable effective in treating depression, insomnia and jet lag. This device, The LISS Stimulator strikingly increases serotonin and beta endorphins, two of the major neurochemicals responsible for mood. The LISS CES helps 50% of patients who have failed antidepressant drugs to come out of depression safely within two weeks. This result alone is far better that the best drug which is 42% effective with a 35% complication rate
- Photostimulation—The Shealy RelaxMate II is the end result of research begun in 1975. This safe device helps 90% of people enter deep relaxation within 10 minutes. This major stress reduction assists sleep and helps reduce anxiety, both components of depression. When used with the LISS CES, 84% of depressed patients are markedly improved within 2 weeks
- Pain Rehabilitation— The Pain Rehabilitation Center was created in 1971, the first holistic, comprehensive clinic for management of chronic pain and stress. It was the foundation for The Shealy Institute in 1982. Between 1971 and 2001, these two clinics treated over 30,000 patients who had failed conventional drugs and surgery for pain and depression management. It was the most cost effective and most successful pain clinic in America, with an 85% success rate.
- Biogenics ®, the software for biofeedback developed between 1971 and 1977 provides the most comprehensive approach to stress management
- Medical Intuition—demonstrated that talented intuitives could make a correct physical diagnosis with 70 to 75% accuracy. Later, working with Caroline Myss, who is 93% accurate, began extensive classes teaching Medical and Counseling Intuition and with her developed the first doctoral program in Energy Medicine
- Between 1981 and 1988, numerous research projects further defined the neurochemical benefits of CES
- Between 1988 and 1999, major research grants from the Charlson Foundation and Life Science Foundation provided the following discoveries:
- Vibratory music raised beta endorphins and was a major benefit in treating depression
- The use of a copper wall for meditation was of benefit in treating depression
- Quartz crystal successfully assisted depressed patients who had improved with the basic Shealy Institute program remain out of depression 70% of the time with no further treatment. Control patients given glass crystals remained out of depression only 26% of the time. Statistically, the results were successful at the .001 level, Highly Statistically Successful!
- 94% patients with depression were found to have significantly abnormal blood levels of serotonin, norepinephrine, melatonin, cholinesterase, and/or beta endorphin
- 84% of depressed patients had deficient levels of the essential amino acid, taurine. And 100 percent of patients were deficient in one to 7 of the essential amino acids.
- All chronically depressed patients were deficient in magnesium, a critical mineral in maintaining all neurological and mental functions
- All chronically ill patients have low levels of DHEA, dehydroepiandrosterone. This led to research which demonstrated that natural progesterone helped rejuvenate the body’s ability to make DHEA
- A combination OF vitamin C, methyl sulfonyl methane raised DHEA
- Electrical stimulation, with human DNA frequency (Ring of Fire), of 12 specific acupuncture points significantly raised DHEA
- Electrical stimulation, with human DNS frequency (Ring of Fire), of 12 specific acupuncture points relieved diabetic neuropathy pain by 89%; reduced migraine frequency and severity by 75% and helped 70& of depressed patients come out of depression
- Electrical stimulation, with human DNA frequency (Ring of Air), of 12 specific acupuncture points raised neurotensin, a key neuroleptic mood balancer
- Electrical stimulation, with human DNA frequency, of 12 specific acupuncture points (Ring of Water), normalized aldosterone
- Electrical stimulation, with human DNA frequency, of 12 specific acupuncture points )Ring of Earth) raised calcitonin
- Electrical stimulation, with human DNA frequency, of 12 specific points (Ring of Crystal) lowered free radicals by 85%
- Transdermal magnesium chloride raised DHEA. Oral and IV magnesium chloride and transdermal magnesium sulfate did not raise DHEA
- During the same time as the funding from the two private foundations, other research funded by private industry demonstrated that homeopathic rhus tox was more effective than acetaminophen in relieving knee pain
- Since 1999, with private funds and several industrial grants, the following have been found:
- The Posture Pump both improves cervical spine posture and reduces disc protrusions
- Use of the RejuvaMatrix ®, which provides a field of human DNA frequencies of 54 to 78 billion cycles per second at 50 to 75 decibels of energy, leads within 10 months to 2.9% regrowth of human telomeres. Telomeres ordinarily shrink at least 1% each year. This is the only known research which has demonstrated telomere regrowth! This project continues
- Vitamin D 3, 50,000 units daily with K 2, 100 micrograms, improves libido and overall energy, as well as leads to significant longitudinal and circumferential growth of the adult penis
- A homeopathic preparation improves immune function