Annals of Internal Medicine
Oral High-Dose Multivitamins and Minerals After Myocardial Infarction
A Randomized Trial
Gervasio A. Lamas, MD; Robin Boineau, MD, MA; Christine Goertz, DC, PhD; Daniel B. Mark, MD, MPH; Yves Rosenberg, MD;
Mario Stylianou, PhD; Theodore Rozema, MD; Richard L. Nahin, PhD, MPH; Lauren Lindblad, MS; Eldrin F. Lewis, MD; Jeanne Drisko, MD;
and Kerry L. Lee, PhD, for the TACT (Trial to Assess Chelation Therapy) Investigators*
17 December 2013 Annals of Internal Medicine Volume 159 * Number 12
· Supplements were started a MINIMUM of 6 weeks after heart attack
1708 patients studied at over 150 sites (only about 12 per site!!!!)
· HIGH DOSE-?–100 units of — USELESS D2!!!! B.S. SUPREME!!
· A greater result in those patients NOT on statins!!!
· 46% 0f patients DISCONTINUED the supplements
· 17% of patients withdrew from the study
No harm; no benefit
B.S.-a remarkably crappy, inept, waste of money and even of paper to print this hogwash!!!!!