Dr. Sergey Sorin
Norm’s discovery of Transcutaneous Acupuncture uses specific blends of essential oils which can effectively stimulate the circuits which enhance DHEA, oxytocin, calcitonin, and reduce free radicals. The Bliss Oils are Sacraments of the Nemenhah Native American Church. The most popular, Air BLISS is receiving rave reviews from hundreds of users. It provides detached calmness and relief from both depression and anxiety.
In addition his recent work with Pulsed Electromagnetic Field Therapy has resulted in the Shealy-Sorin Chakra Sweep PEMF, also a sacrament of the Nemenhah Native American Church. He has resumed clinical practice at the International Institute of Holistic Medicine with his partner Sergey Sorin, continuing over 40 years of successful holistic management of depression, anxiety, chronic pain and chronic illness.
Sergey Sorin, MD, DABFM
5607 South 222nd Rd
Fairgrove, MO 65648
- Medical Director International Institute of Holistic Health (Since 04/2016)
- President, International Institute of Holistic Medicine (Since 04/2016)
- Medical Director, Shealy Pain Rehabilitation (Since 04/2016)
- Co-founder & CEO, Samvit Wellness, LLC (Since 2013)
- Founder & CEO of Power Principles, LLC (2008-2014)
- Medical Director and Physician with Delphi/Work Fit group (03/2011 till 03/2012)
- Founder & CEO of Physician Weight Loss and Wellness (07/2006-02/2007)
- Medical Director and Physician with Bariatric Medicine at Tri-State Bariatrics (09/2006-09/2007)
- International Science of Mind Church for Spiritual Healing-Board Member
- TMI-Monroe Institute Board of Advisors and Professional Division Member
- TMI-Institutional Review Board for Research
- Advanced Certificate in Health Care Management
Stony Brook University; Stony Brook, NY (06/2001-06/2004)
- MD, SUNY Health Science Center at Brooklyn School of Medicine
Brooklyn, NY (06/1996-06/2000)
- BA, CUNY, Brooklyn College
Brooklyn, NY Major: Chemistry (06/1991-06/1996)
Licensure and Certifications
- Board Certified for Family Practice
- Current NY State License #229335
Active(Since 07/25/03) and DEA registration since 2004
- Current PA State License: MD 449292
- Current MO State License: 2016009177
- Certified in BLS, ACLS, PALS, and ATLS
- AHA Instructor Status in BLS, ACLS and PALS in 2013-2014
- Brooklyn College Dean’s Honor List
1994 and 1995
- Kalberman Award (for excellence in chemistry)
- Golden Key National Honor Society
- Green County Medical Society (2016)
- Monroe County Medical Society (2015-2016)
- Locums Tenens (independent contract work)and Per Diem Work(Current Hospital Appointments): with Emergency Room workvia Medicus Locums
- Oswego Hospital in Oswego NY (1/2016 and current)
- Soldiers and Sailors Memorial Hospital (5/2014 and current) Wellsboro, PA (16,000 annual volume)
- Bertrand Chaffee Hospital (Springville, NY-9,000 annual volume)
- Eastern Niagara Hospitals (Lockport, NY-14,500 volume and Newfane NY-7,800 volume) (03/2013 and current)
- Independent Contractor and Per Diem Work with mostly Emergency Medicine, but also Primary Care and Urgent Care with the following agencies from 2004-2016 (see above for current affiliations; further information on prior contracts and affiliations available upon request).
- Team Health
- Delphi and Workfit Medical Group
- Orange Regional Medical Center
- Weatherby Locums
- Medicus Locums
- Sun Healthcare
- D&Y Locums
- Global Medical
Training and Residency
- Family Medicine Residency at Stony Brook Medical Center, Long Island, NY (06/2001-06/2004)
- Emergency Medicine Residency (PGY1) at University of Massachusetts, Worchester, Massachusetts (07/2000-05/2001)
- Peer Tutoring in Sciences and English in Brooklyn College (Brooklyn, NY) (06/1993-06/1996)
- Consultant in Weight Loss and Wellness for Sullivan and Orange Chamber of Commerce (2007)
- Contributing writer on Weight Management for Sullivan County Democrat and NYTOA (New York Tactical Officers Association) Official Publication (2007)
- Volunteered in an adolescent center at Montfort House in Long Island, NY (2002-2004)
- Volunteered in a Medical Mission to Honduras, (March 2003)
- Volunteered as an English-Russian Interpreter in Coney Island Hospital Emergency Room (06/1995-06/1996)
Special Skills and Areas of Interest
- Training and Application in Healthcare Management
- Training in Bariatric (Weight Loss) Medicine
- Training in the use of Sound Medicine
- Training in a variety of multiple Holistic and CAM modalities
- Fluent in English and Russian, and functional Spanish
- Training in Emergency Medicine (one year) and Family Medicine
- 3rd Degree Reiki (Energy Healing) Master and Teacher
- Tiwehkt (Medicine Man), Native American Church of Nemenhah
Publications and Research
- Author of “The Power Principle Series” of books on weight loss and wellnesswww.DrSergeySorin.com
- The Power Principle: Mind-Body-Spirit Approach to Ultimate Weight Loss by Sergey Sorin, July 2008.
- Are You Really Healthy? (The Power Principle) by Sergey Sorin, December 2012.
Peer Reviewed Publications and Articles
- Brian Daily MD FACEP, FACFE, Sergey Sorin MD, DABFM and Allyn Evans, MBA: Sound Medicine: Using State-Of-The Art technology to facilitate deep relaxation, sleep and pain management. IJHC (International Journal of Healing and Caring) September 1, 2015.
- Sergey Sorin MD, Brian Daily MD: Sound Medicine: Western medicine meets complementary and alternative medicine to facilitate deep relaxation, sleep and pain management. JCIM (Journal of Comprehensive Integrative Medicine) Volume 1, No2 p59-64, January 2016.
- Shealy, C.N. and Sorin, S. (2016) Pulsed Electromagnetic Field Therapy: Innovative Treatment for Diabetic Neuropathy. Practical Pain Management Vol. 16, Issue 3, 53-57.
- Sergey Sorin, MD, DABFM: Nutritional Deficiencies and Disease. Journal of Green County Medical Society, Volume 75, No 8, August 2016, pages 7-8, 24.
- Sergey Sorin, MD, DABFM: Sound Medicine Facilitates Deep Relaxation, Sleep and Pain Management. Journal of Green County Medical Society, Volume 75, No 8, August 2016, pages 11, 13.
- Contributing Author on nutrition, health and wellness including for NYTOA (New York Tactical Officer Association), and other publications;
- Sorin, DE Stein, RV Weber, J Darvishzadeh, J Scholes, JS Stern, and JG Kral. (Dept. of Surgery, SUNY HSCB, NY 11203): “Obesity, not high fat diet promotes colon cancer in rats.” Obesity Research Vol. 5 suppl. 1 Nov 1997 81s