C. Norman Shealy, M.D., Ph.D.
One of my recent e-newsletters elicited a serious criticism that I only talked about problems and a request to unsubscribe the reader. First and foremost, if she really read the newsletter, there is a clear link to use to unsubscribe at the bottom of every enews! Secondly, being Pollyannaish kissy poo is nice but it does not do much to help us avoid known hazards! Even though I believe strongly in the Power of Positive Thinking, I prefer to avoid arsenic rather than just ignoring it! The world has always had hazards, from tornadoes, earthquakes and volcanoes to tigers and rattlesnakes. Some pre-ascended masters may stare down these threats or imagine them away, but I do not know any.
Health is a matter of wise choices, from sleeping to healthy eating and healthy activity. The principles for these basics are well known, even though ignored by 97% of people! That is, only 3% of individuals have the essential 4 habits: no smoking, body mass index of 18 to 24, eating at least 5 servings of fruits/veggies daily, and exercise at least 30 minutes five times a week. Ignoring any of these habits shortens AVERAGE American life by 22 years. Just having everyone adopt these habits would lead to an average life expectancy of 100 years within a generation and cut overall illness by at least 50%!
Meanwhile, there are KNOWN, proven human misbehaviors that are not individual responsibility but which damage health. These include:
- Nuclear contamination
- Chlorinated water which unequivocally almost doubles the incidence of cancer and significantly increases atherosclerosis
- Fluoridated water which increases osteoporosis and fragile bones and many brain and hormonal problems
- Pesticides and herbicides which clearly increase risks of cancer and other degenerative diseases
- Statin drugs which increase the risk of mind damage, as well as severe muscle and nerve damage
- Anti-depressant drugs which increase the risk of mass shootings and of suicide
- Tranquilizers which convert anxiety into depression
- GMO foods which carry unknown but significant risks
- Adulteration and chemicalization of foods
- Pollution of air, water and soil
IGNORANCE IS FAILURE TO ACCEPT FACTS OR TRUTH! IGNORING truth does not improve health. Except for nuclear and chemical pollution, individuals who are conscientious enough to take responsibility for their health can benefit by proactively taking steps to minimize these broad risks.
I also suggest that just starting with the basic 4 is a terrific first conscientious step! Positive Thinking should lead to Positive Action—and improved health.
Norman Shealy, M.D., Ph.D. is the father of holistic medicine. He recommends autogenic focus (the basis of the Biogenics System) as part of your overall commitment to self-health. Register to download your FREE autogenic focus MP3 now.