AVOIDING THE PLAGUE – AND OTHER INFECTIOUS THREATS
Every year we have another alarm about the next epidemic – Bird flu, rabies, polio, smallpox, West Nile/California, etc encephalitis, the annual flu, meningitis, etc, etc.
WHAT TO DO?
There is a limit to precautions and worry. The simplest and safest way to keep healthy is to have a happy, positive attitude.
- Laugh a lot.
- Enjoy life.
- Avoid the VAST majority of TV and news.
- Listen to great music.
- Exercise a lot—a minimum of an hour a day, preferably outside.
- Be outside at least an hour a day
- Relax at least 20 minutes each day.
- Sleep 8 hours each night.
- Eat a wide variety of real food-lots of fresh fruits and vegetables; adequate protein, especially Alaska fish
- Avoid fast foods, junk food, pop
- Minimize coffee
- Take a good multivitamin/mineral, such as my Essentials
- Use magnesium lotion daily
- Take a hot soak with magnesium chloride salts frequently
- Do at least Basic Schultz/Autogenic training daily
- Use the RelaxMate II
- Wash your hands thoroughly and often
- Drink at least two quarts of pure water daily
- Keep your DHEA healthy, with the 4 natural restoration techniques
- Do the 90 DAYS TO STRESS-FREE LIVING program
- During viral epidemics, consider ramantadine, 100 mg daily
- When you are under extra stress or exposure, add
- Glucan, 2 tablespoons daily
- Co Q 10, 400 mg, daily
- Omega 3 fatty acids, 6 grams daily
- Castor oil packs to the abdomen
- Maxogenol, 4 daily
- Thymuril (thymus extract), 4 daily
- Vitamin D 3, 2000 units daily
- My YOUTH FORMULA, 4 twice a day
Above all, stay positive, happy, and active. Every Thought is a Prayer!! Think positively, Act positively, Eat positively. Be at peace with yourself and the world. You cannot afford the luxury of anger, worry, depression, and/or anxiety.
Updated for Fall, 2006: Please see Dr. Shealy's Youthful Aging Health Newsletter entitled, ''SILVER FOR HEALTH''