Aluminum is one of the 8 most common elements on earth, representing 8.13 % of all earth material. It is present in soil and in water. Unfortunately, aluminum has been ADDED in increasing quantities to water, vaccines, cooking utensils, beverage cans, and anti-acids. All of this aluminum means we must be aware of aluminum toxicity.
The average person in non-high aluminum areas gets about 10 mg of aluminum daily from plants and water.
Therefore, to avoid aluminum toxicity, it is crucial to avoid:
- Aluminum cookware
- Aluminum beverage cans
- Aluminum foil
- Aluminum containing baking powder
- Aluminum containing “deodorants”, including those deodorant “stones” sold in health food stores! They are almost pure aluminum compounds
- Aluminum containing vaccines
Interestingly the natural foods highest in aluminum are:
- Mussels—27 mg in 100 grams!!
- Krill—6.3 mg in 100 grams. I need to learn the content in krill oil! Could not find it on the internet.
- Some city water is higher because an aluminum compound has been used to flocculate the water!? Insist on knowing the aluminum content of your city water. Perhaps most interesting is a study of the local water content of aluminum. Those with the highest natural concentration of aluminum had over twice the incidence of Alzheimer’s disease!
Aluminum is a problem because it binds and prevents the absorption of iron, chromium, and selenium. This means that higher intakes of aluminum can lead to other mineral deficiencies.
The good news is that silica is a natural chelator of aluminum, so something high in silica, like horsetail grass, can help remove aluminum from the body. Silica has been shown to help some Alzheimer’s patients as well as those with kidney failure. Of equal interest that horsetail grass is also a chelator of other toxic heavy metals.
Colloidal mineral waters which have been highly promoted have much higher concentrations of aluminum, up to 4900 parts per million, than natural water. There has never been any proof of a DEFICIENCY of aluminum!!
On the other hand, among essential minerals, the following percentages of the U.S. population suffer from these deficiencies:
- Magnesium – 75%
- Iron – 58%
- Copper – 81%
- Manganese – 50%
- Chromium – 90%
- Zinc – 67%
- Selenium – 60%
This data begs a couple of questions. What portion of these deficiencies is due to aluminum? How could you improve your overall health by eliminating as much aluminum as possible from your life?
Norman Shealy, M.D., Ph.D. is the father of holistic medicine. He recommends autogenic focus (the basis of the Biogenics System) as part of your overall commitment to self-health. Register to download your FREE autogenic focus MP3 now.