Dr. Sergey Sorin
Sergey Sorin, MD, a renowned healer, educator and author began his career in traditional medicine studying the fields of Family Medicine, Urgent Care, Occupational Medicine and Emergency Medicine. He earned his degree from SUNY Health Sciences Center at Brooklyn School of Medicine. Even during his training (and since early childhood as far as he can remember), Dr. Sorin was always interested in the holistic approach including focusing his education and giving grand rounds and other presentations on the Non-Conventional modalities including meditation and “Complementary and Alternative Medicine” modalities.
Dr. Sorin has been the recipient of the Kalberman Award for Excellence in Chemistry and has an advanced certificate in Health Care Management from SUNY Health Science Center at Stony Brook University. He has served as a Medical Director at Veteran’s Administration Hospital in Bath, NY as well serving in administrative capacity at Delphi Healthcare.
In 2006-2007, following his longstanding interest in wellness, he founded a Physician Weight Loss and Wellness center and also served as a Medical Director for a Surgical Weight Loss Practice.
After a life-altering diagnosis of colon cancer in 2007, which turned his life and perspective around on a spot, Dr. Sorin began to apply his knowledge of the Mind, Body and Spirit in his personal and professional life. Dr. Sorin credits this event in his life, with starting to become fully awake and mindful, including of the essential nature of the Body, Mind and Spirit in a person’s life.
While undergoing chemotherapy in 2007, he started working on his first book in the Power Principles series focusing on the bigger picture when it comes to weight management, especially with regard to mental/emotional and spiritual aspects, published in 2008. Another book followed after that in the Power Principle series: “Are You Really Healthy?”, released in December 2012.
He continued working with Power Principles LLC from 2008 till 2014, while embracing the next phase of his journey, when in 2013 Dr. Sergey Sorin’s search for deeper meaning and purpose in his life, brought him across another physician, Dr. Brian Dailey, a long-time veteran of the Monroe Institute (TMI) and a true healer, Reiki Master and “out of the box” thinker.
In the process of expanding his horizons and working with similar minded organizations, Dr. Sorin (as well as Dr. Brian Dailey) became certified as a Monroe Institute Workshop Facilitator and was invited to join the Monroe Institute’s Professional Division.
Since then he serves as an Advisory Board member and is on the Institutional Review Board for Research Development at the institute.
In 2013, Dr. Dailey and Dr. Sorin started Samvit Wellness LLC focusing on the healing and scientific use of Sound (starting from the foundations based in the Monroe Institute), including Binaural Beats and Gamma Technology for a wide range of human applications from managing pain, anxiety, depression, chronic illness, relaxation, sleep and other common issues as well as optimizing human potential in terms of physical, mental and emotional as well as spiritual aspects. Together, Dr. Brian Dailey and Dr. Sergey Sorin as part of Samvit Wellness, have given many presentations in addition to doing multiple workshops, including National as well as International, utilizing Sound and other Healing Modalities as part of the Holistic Perspective.
In April, 2016 while giving a presentation and workshop in Kansas City, MO, Dr. Sorin met and subsequently joined forces with one of the world’s leading experts in pain, anxiety, depression and chronic disease management, Dr. Norm Shealy. This was a welcome and natural progression for Dr. Sorin given his lifetime interest and especially focused training and attention since 2007 Colon Cancer experience.
Since then, Dr. Sorin joined Dr. Shealy in Shealy Wellness (www.ShealyWellness.com). He also joined Dr. Shealy in a one of a kind Holistic Clinic, The International Institute of Holistic Medicine, located in Springfield, MO including providing clinical services as well as long distance consultations, and engaging in a week-long Intensive, Central Nervous System Retraining and Rehabilitation Services, together with Dr. Shealy as a treating physician and President, while still learning and collaborating with Dr. Shealy based on over four and a half decades of Dr. Shealy’s groundbreaking and legendary work in the field of Holistic Health.
As part of his work with Shealy Wellness and the International Institute of Holistic Medicine, Dr. Sorin works with Dr. Shealy in holding workshops, holistic coach training, as well as giving talks and presentations in addition to clinical work. In 2017, Dr. Shealy and Dr. Sorin have put together the 1st International Holistic Health Summit, in Kansas City, Missouri, same place as their first meeting 1 year prior.
While his main interest and professional effort has been in the field of Holistic Medicine, Dr. Sorin continues to work in the field of Emergency Room and Health Care Consulting. He is also involved with research and health related product and service development in association with Dr. Shealy and the Missouri State University.
Sergey Sorin, MD, DABFM
5607 South 222nd Rd
Fairgrove, MO 65648
- Medical Director International Institute of Holistic Health (Since 04/2016)
- President, International Institute of Holistic Medicine (Since 04/2016)
- Medical Director, Shealy Pain Rehabilitation (Since 04/2016)
- Co-founder & CEO, Samvit Wellness, LLC (Since 2013)
- Founder & CEO of Power Principles, LLC (2008-2014)
- Medical Director and Physician with Delphi/Work Fit group (03/2011 till 03/2012)
- Founder & CEO of Physician Weight Loss and Wellness (07/2006-02/2007)
- Medical Director and Physician with Bariatric Medicine at Tri-State Bariatrics (09/2006-09/2007)
- International Science of Mind Church for Spiritual Healing-Board Member
- TMI-Monroe Institute Board of Advisors and Professional Division Member
- TMI-Institutional Review Board for Research
- Advanced Certificate in Health Care Management
Stony Brook University; Stony Brook, NY (06/2001-06/2004)
- MD, SUNY Health Science Center at Brooklyn School of Medicine
Brooklyn, NY (06/1996-06/2000)
- BA, CUNY, Brooklyn College
Brooklyn, NY Major: Chemistry (06/1991-06/1996)
Licensure and Certifications
- Board Certified for Family Practice
- Current NY State License #229335
Active(Since 07/25/03) and DEA registration since 2004
- Current PA State License: MD 449292
- Current MO State License: 2016009177
- Certified in BLS, ACLS, PALS, and ATLS
- AHA Instructor Status in BLS, ACLS and PALS in 2013-2014
- Brooklyn College Dean’s Honor List
1994 and 1995
- Kalberman Award (for excellence in chemistry)
- Golden Key National Honor Society
- Green County Medical Society (2016)
- Monroe County Medical Society (2015-2016)
- Locums Tenens (independent contract work)and Per Diem Work(Current Hospital Appointments): with Emergency Room workvia Medicus Locums
- Oswego Hospital in Oswego NY (1/2016 and current)
- Soldiers and Sailors Memorial Hospital (5/2014 and current) Wellsboro, PA (16,000 annual volume)
- Bertrand Chaffee Hospital (Springville, NY-9,000 annual volume)
- Eastern Niagara Hospitals (Lockport, NY-14,500 volume and Newfane NY-7,800 volume) (03/2013 and current)
- Independent Contractor and Per Diem Work with mostly Emergency Medicine, but also Primary Care and Urgent Care with the following agencies from 2004-2016 (see above for current affiliations; further information on prior contracts and affiliations available upon request).
- Team Health
- Delphi and Workfit Medical Group
- Orange Regional Medical Center
- Weatherby Locums
- Medicus Locums
- Sun Healthcare
- D&Y Locums
- Global Medical
Training and Residency
- Family Medicine Residency at Stony Brook Medical Center, Long Island, NY (06/2001-06/2004)
- Emergency Medicine Residency (PGY1) at University of Massachusetts, Worchester, Massachusetts (07/2000-05/2001)
- Peer Tutoring in Sciences and English in Brooklyn College (Brooklyn, NY) (06/1993-06/1996)
- Consultant in Weight Loss and Wellness for Sullivan and Orange Chamber of Commerce (2007)
- Contributing writer on Weight Management for Sullivan County Democrat and NYTOA (New York Tactical Officers Association) Official Publication (2007)
- Volunteered in an adolescent center at Montfort House in Long Island, NY (2002-2004)
- Volunteered in a Medical Mission to Honduras, (March 2003)
- Volunteered as an English-Russian Interpreter in Coney Island Hospital Emergency Room (06/1995-06/1996)
Special Skills and Areas of Interest
- Training and Application in Healthcare Management
- Training in Bariatric (Weight Loss) Medicine
- Training in the use of Sound Medicine
- Training in a variety of multiple Holistic and CAM modalities
- Fluent in English and Russian, and functional Spanish
- Training in Emergency Medicine (one year) and Family Medicine
- 3rd Degree Reiki (Energy Healing) Master and Teacher
- Tiwehkt (Medicine Man), Native American Church of Nemenhah
Publications and Research
- Author of “The Power Principle Series” of books on weight loss and wellnesswww.DrSergeySorin.com
- The Power Principle: Mind-Body-Spirit Approach to Ultimate Weight Loss by Sergey Sorin, July 2008.
- Are You Really Healthy? (The Power Principle) by Sergey Sorin, December 2012.
Peer Reviewed Publications and Articles
- Brian Daily MD FACEP, FACFE, Sergey Sorin MD, DABFM and Allyn Evans, MBA: Sound Medicine: Using State-Of-The Art technology to facilitate deep relaxation, sleep and pain management. IJHC (International Journal of Healing and Caring) September 1, 2015.
- Sergey Sorin MD, Brian Daily MD: Sound Medicine: Western medicine meets complementary and alternative medicine to facilitate deep relaxation, sleep and pain management. JCIM (Journal of Comprehensive Integrative Medicine) Volume 1, No2 p59-64, January 2016.
- Shealy, C.N. and Sorin, S. (2016) Pulsed Electromagnetic Field Therapy: Innovative Treatment for Diabetic Neuropathy. Practical Pain Management Vol. 16, Issue 3, 53-57.
- Sergey Sorin, MD, DABFM: Nutritional Deficiencies and Disease. Journal of Green County Medical Society, Volume 75, No 8, August 2016, pages 7-8, 24.
- Sergey Sorin, MD, DABFM: Sound Medicine Facilitates Deep Relaxation, Sleep and Pain Management. Journal of Green County Medical Society, Volume 75, No 8, August 2016, pages 11, 13.
- Contributing Author on nutrition, health and wellness including for NYTOA (New York Tactical Officer Association), and other publications;
- Sorin, DE Stein, RV Weber, J Darvishzadeh, J Scholes, JS Stern, and JG Kral. (Dept. of Surgery, SUNY HSCB, NY 11203): “Obesity, not high fat diet promotes colon cancer in rats.” Obesity Research Vol. 5 suppl. 1 Nov 1997 81s